WHO WE ARE
The Pastor’s Blog
Board of Directors
Members of the Board of Directors of MCC Austin are elected by the congregation during the annual congregational meeting, and they serve a two year term.
- Board members are charged with the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring adequate financial resources for MCC Austin to pursue its mission and vision
- Ensuring effective management of the church’s funds and other assets
- Ensuring sound risk management policies
- Participating in selecting the candidate to be elected by the congregation as Sr. Pastor when that is necessary
- Supporting and advising the Sr. Pastor and providing constructive feedback
Lay Delegates are the official representatives of the local congregation to the General Conference of Metropolitan Community Churches. Their primary responsibility is to attend and represent the congregation at the General Conference by voting, by gathering information about the denomination to take back to the congregation, and by sharing the views of the congregation with the denominational leadership as appropriate. In between General Conferences, Lay Delegates serve as the communication link between the local congregation and the denomination. They are elected by the congregation at the annual congregational meeting and they serve a three-year term.